Thursday, August 5, 2010

Orlando

OrlandoThursday, August 05, 2010

Coming back to Canada - I miss warm water. The water at Sandi's pool today was 83. This is not cold. But it is compared to 100F.

It is 30C here and has been basically the entire summer. it's probably about 33C with the humidity. I don't really know because I've been too busy to pay attention other than to note that it is hot and I am sweaty and perhaps miss air conditioning (a lot).

In Florida, it was 102F without the humidity factored in. That's pretty dang hot. But that kind of hot doesn't bother me one bit when I'm in warm water.

Our favourite day of the holiday (and by "our" I mean David and myself) was at Aquatica.

Unfortunately, we did not bring our camera with us to Aquatica. Being that we spent the day barefoot and wet in bathingsuits, our Canon Rebel did not need to be a part of that. And our little camera got left behind.

Our kids loved Aquatica. We were there for almost 12 hours. It was a fabulous, non touristy, fun, amazing, day of water slides, riding the rapids, pools, waves, little slides, big slides.

We did Disney World, Magic Kingdom 2 days before we went to Aquatica.

Disney was an experience. They do rides so much better than they do at Canada's Wonderland. The efficiency, the quality, the "wow" factor.

I am so glad we took our little kids there. Seeing Cinderella's Castle was a thrill for Anna

And I just can't see her believing in the magic of Disney the same way she does now when she is 8 or 9. Charlie was amazing that day. I don't think he fussed or complained or cried at any point. He was just happy to be there and see and do everything we did. We got to the park before opening and stayed until almost 11pm. It was a long day.

And the Buzz Lightyear Ride was way cool

And Fast Pass is "way cool" too. Waiting in line is no fun. One time we waited in line for 20 minutes. the rest of the day was 1 minute to 10 minutes. This is one of the things that rocked about Disney. Somehow you still get to do stuff and not stand around waiting even in July which is their busiest month (or so I am told).

Everybody in this picture is melting. It was unbelievable how hot it was to stand in the sun for even 20 seconds. We found shade for this.

Somehow I acquired the wisdom to bring a spray bottle with us. Spray bottle for $1 from the dollar store was our all day air conditioning.

And I waited until the sun went down before I peaked in the princess store. I wish I had taken pictures of all the dresses.

I died a litte when I saw the price tag - $60 USD. I snuck in without Anna so I could see what was there and make a decision with David before I actually went in the store with Anna. There were a million things in that store that she would love, but I knew what she would go for. And when I took her in, she went right for it.

And she could not believe she was actually going to get it.

and yet she somehow managed to get a crown out of the deal too. Mommy is a softy.

I don't think anything could make Anna happier than this dress. She wore it to daycare on Wednesday. I sent a change of clothes. She changed into the clothes to eat lunch and sleep, but after the nap she went up to her teacher and said "I am ready to be Aurora again" and they let her change back into it.

I wish we stayed in Orlando longer. But we will be back again :)

K


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    I can actually SEE the people melting in that photo. Oy. I don't know if I could survive.

    That is an adorable dress on an adorable, happy girl. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I'm sure I would have *actually* melted. A pile of goo for everyone else to walk through. ;)

    Anna makes a pretty adorable Aurora. :D

    ReplyDelete