Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bad Blogger




I know that I am not a very good blogger lately. I apologize. I think I would update more if I didn't care about pictures. But I gotta say, pictures make blog entries more interesting. Since I have not uploaded pictures in a long time, here is an old picture:


This is Anna at approximately 5 months old. Do you know what I see in this picture, besides my beautiful daughter? Carpet! Carpet that looks clean and not run down. This picture is over 4 years old. 4 years of 16 feet in a small house have made that carpet look much sadder.

In an effort to relive the glory days of my house's carpet, I rented a steam cleaner yesterday. (Really, I wanted to steam clean out the couches - as we have acquired two new-to-us ones and they have a musty smell). I ended up doing the entire homes carpets and the mattresses. I am happy to say my carpets look much better. For now. I "only" clean my carpets about 2 times each and every year. It does not take long for stains and dirty feet to accumulate.

I cringe looking towards winter, when the property managers throw bucketfuls of sand all over the walkways and steps (often rather than SHOVELING the snow away). That dirt sticks. And it has nowhere to go in our tiny house, but everywhere.

I think this will be our last winter here. It's been 5 years and I'm ready for some more space. And better carpet.





sigh.

3 comments:

  1. Or NO carpet. Good floors that are washable are infinitely preferable to carpet if you have many feet. And, you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes, quite quite. Never ever get a dog. Ever. They bring in double the dirt. Unless it's a teeny dog.....

    Anna has grown up so fast, and pretty! Oh very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!!! Love baby Anna. :D

    I *hate, HATE... no wait, LOATHE ENTIRELY!!!* carpet. Will never have carpet in my house if I can help it.

    ReplyDelete