Friday, March 11, 2011

Silver Lining

Yesterday, 3 people woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Anna. Charlie. and Myself.

The morning started with crying. Bickering. Tattle tales. Tears. More crying. Pushing. Finger pointing. Name calling. Fighting for space in the bath tub. Unwelcome parenting from 5 year old to 2 year old. Whining.

After enduring the grumpy moods for two hours, we left for Charlie's gymnastics class. Charlie was uncooperative and we ended up leaving early.

After lunch, it was Anna's gymnastics class and Charlie was extremely difficult to deal with. He was so tired and just done. I was barely holding my patience together by the time we headed for home.

When we got home, Anna slurped up some dirty rain water from a plastic storage bin owned by the property managers.

Shortly thereafter, I lost my temper.

(Then I apologized.)

And then I took a look at this picture. It was taken with my cell phone as we were leaving gymnastics for the second time. I remember at the time being grateful for this "nice" moment, when Charlie gladly shared his umbrella with his big sister, keeping eachother close so that they could both stay dry.







Yesterday's silver lining.



Today:


I am grateful that I only have snow to complain about. Not massive earthquakes and tsunamis.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww... that pic is adorable. :) I think we all have those days.

    And I agree, I'm glad we only have snow to complain about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^I agree with Adeena, we all have those days... at least, you, Adeena, and I do. :p

    Also, I agree that snow is a small, small matter compared to what people around the world have to deal with on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those days are the ones to make us appreciate the calm, quiet moments.

    And yes, I'd much prefer snow, then my house falling down. I do not camp.

    ReplyDelete